Our Christmas was anything but quiet, with two energetic boys home for two weeks and a needy newborn. It was nice in a way to have nowhere we needed to go, instead enjoying toys and time together. That's not to say I wasn't thrilled when Christmas break was over.
We made a gingerbread house, which Grant and Miles begged to eat every single day they were home.
We played lots of games.
No sprinkle was left behind when we baked cookies.
We spent hours upon hours building Legos.
Charlie spent a lot of time being carried in the Ergo so I could have my hands free.
We managed to take a few walks in the neighborhood thanks to mild December weather.
Around December 23, I told the boys that, unfortunately, we weren't going to have a white Christmas this year. There was no snow in the forecast. And then on Christmas Eve morning, it started to snow, covering just enough of the ground to make it feel festive.
Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Alex and Stephanie arrived on Christmas Eve to spend the long weekend with us, but somehow I managed to not take any family pictures.
Christmas morning was a typical flurry of present opening and excitement over new toys.
Other than Legos, Miles is currently obsessed with remote controls and things that transform. So this remote-controlled transforming robot was perfect.
And Grant's love of Ninja Turtles was satisfied with a giant turtle lair and Turtle Legos.
Charlie seemed happy to have extra people to rock him and brothers to snuggle.











No comments:
Post a Comment