2.24.2014

Ice Skating

After watching it in the Winter Olympics, G kept telling us he wanted to go ice skating. And last weekend was just warm enough that we decided to give it a try at an outdoor ice rink downtown. We were a little unsure whether he would enjoy it. "I'm going to go super fast!" he told us. I think he imagined that he would be glide across the ice, doing flips and tricks with ease. As anyone who has ever tried ice skating for the first time knows, there is more wobbling and falling down than gliding and twirling. But Grant clung to Kent and they happily wobbled around the rink together.


G focused hard on staying upright and grinned whenever he passed Miles and me. 



Miles seemed to enjoy watching and cheering on his brother: "Go Grant, Go!" he shouted in between sips of hot chocolate (which he calls "hot chocolat-o").



As we were leaving, G said to me, "That was our best adventure yet!" (He also told Kent that he was a "fun dad.") I think he liked it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment