8.06.2012

Weekend Scenes

A major rainstorm on Saturday gave way to the first comfortable temperatures we've had in weeks. So we spent a lot of time outside over the weekend. G wanted {big surprise} to go to the zoo on Saturday afternoon. In fact, he practically demanded it. "I really want to go to the zoo. Please. I need to be a good boy. I need to keep my bed dry. Please." He's hard to resist, so of course, we ended up at the zoo for a bit on Saturday. This time, after seeing the usual favorite animals, he stopped in front of the camels. "I want to ride the camel." As much as he loves animals, he's a love-from-afar kind of guy, so this surprised us. He typically doesn't like to get too close to animals, especially if they make loud noises. But he insisted on riding the camel -- and he loved it. He talked about it all weekend.




Miles continues to inch closer to walking on his own. Every day he seems more confident and stable. He takes a few steps at a time, then falls down. He's spending a lot of time "practicing," pushing his walker and cruising around the furniture. He also likes to hold one of our hands while walking around the house. We've been putting him in shoes more regularly, which makes him look a little bit too much like a toddler. He might be ready for the next stage, but I'm not sure I am.


Kent mowed the lawn for probably only the third time this summer, and G helped.


G checked out our neighbor's hammock. Not a bad place for a nap.


Kent and I also had a date on Saturday to celebrate our 7-year anniversary today. Happy anniversary to us!

1 comment:

  1. The camel ride looks like a fun time! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete