I'm the daughter of a librarian, so it goes without saying that we make frequent trips to the local library. On our way there the other day, I asked G what kind of books he wanted to get. "Animal books!" was his not-very-surprising response. The children's section is at the far end of the library, and it takes everything G has not to run full-speed through the building to get there. This visit, he paused momentarily to check out a Sesame Street Live poster in the children's section, then walked carefully from row to row until he found just the right book. "This one?" I asked. "No." Then he saw it on display--the perfect book. Not only was it about animals, but farm animals. He held the hardcover book, carefully, with two hands, and headed straight for a chair, where we read it several times. "OK, let's go home," he said. He wanted to hold it in the car, and as soon as he got home, he made a beeline for a spot to sit and look at it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment