2.29.2012

Conversations With G, 2 Years, 9 Months

Mr. M has been hogging the blog lately, so it's G's turn. G has been amazing us lately with his conversation skills and growing vocabulary. At dinner recently, he exclaimed, "Fascinating!" He likes hearing and telling stories, and he's still obsessed with animals. I often overhear him having conversations with his toy animals ("Let's go potty. Not right now. Maybe later" -- Can you guess what we've been doing lately?). Other times I'll hear him singing entire songs to himself.

Here's the transcript of a recent conversation while having a snack:

Me: Did you have a fun weekend with Grandma and Grandpa? What did we do?

G:  I went to the zoo. I went on the potty. I took a nap. I had a great nap.
Me: The zoo was my favorite part. What did you see at the zoo?
G: [Gasps.] Lions. Um, I didn’t see the sea lions this time.
Me: Not this time. Maybe next time. What do lions say?
G: Maybe roar. What do polar bears say?

Me: I don’t know. What do polar bears say?
G: Maybe growl.
Me: What does a deer say?
G: Maybe it’s a quiet animal. I’m not going to school today. Maybe tomorrow.
Me: Not tomorrow. On Wednesday. That’s in two days.
G: Two days. Remember when George [the Cat] ate the flowers? We say "George, don't eat the flowers." George is going to get sick. Remember when Daddy made a mess? It was everywhere. On the wall. On the floor. We say "Dad, don't make a mess."
Me: Dad is pretty messy. 
G: Da da da da. [sings and bangs his plate on the table] 
Me: What are you doing?
G: Playing the drums. I want an orange. I don't eat that part. It's the peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment