12.14.2011

Conversations With G, 2 Years, 7 months


A recent conversation while Baby M was napping and G was playing in the living room:

Me: What are you doing?
G: Playing with trucks.
Me: Where are the trucks going?
G: They're going to Grady's house. They're going to Grady's house. Going to Grady's house.
Me: Who's riding in the truck?
G: Ernie's riding in the truck. {Pause} I hear something. {Whispering} I hear Jamie.
Me: Jamie will be here soon.
G: Jamie will bring dinosaurs. If I'm a good boy. Jamie will bring dinosaurs.
Me: What else will you do today?
G: Eat lunch.
Me: What will you eat?
G: I eat mac 'n cheese. I eat veggies. A veggie sandwich. Where's daddy?
Me: He's at work. I think your brother is awake.
G: No.
Me: Yeah, I hear him crying. Do you want to come up with me and get him?
G: No. I play trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment